Advice from the Experts on Boostrapping a Life Science Company
Bootstrapping for a period of time allows companies to raise capital in the future and at better terms. The trick for life science and medical device companies is to identify early sources of alternative non-dilutive capital to move the business as far as you can before seeking the larger amounts of capital that will eventually be needed.
The forum panel includes the following well-known leaders:
- Rich West, currently co-founder and CEO of his fourth life sciences startup, which is focused on newborn screening (www.baebies.com)
- Peyton Anderson, CEO of Affinergy, a Duke spinout commercializing medical devices and is Chairman of Powered Research, a preclinical CRO
- Sam Tetlow, CEO of EpiCypher
- Dr. Eva Garland, VP of R&D for Agile Sciences
- Gary Hayes, COO and Co-Founder of Scale Finance