Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur
Developed on the SBTDC’s successful “Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur” (IRE) framework, this inaugural pharmaceutical development focused version of IRE will provide an insider’s look into the world of
Developed on the SBTDC’s successful “Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur” (IRE) framework, this inaugural pharmaceutical development focused version of IRE will provide an insider’s look into the world of raising equity capital for pre-clinical stage entrepreneurs, university startups, faculty, and other ecosystems stakeholders.
ARE YOU AN INVESTOR-READY ENTREPRENEUR?
Raising equity capital is challenging at best for any company. Drug development companies face a unique challenge due to the incredibly high-level of risk and capital required to advance drugs through FDA clinical trials. Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur (IRE) is designed to educate and prepare pre-clinical stage entrepreneurs to successfully engage private equity investors.
This program was developed by experienced entrepreneurs, venture capital investors, and drug development stakeholders, to provide an “insider’s look” into the world of equity funding.
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
- The equity investment process and terminology
- The types of pharma investors and “typical” deals they fund
- Key pre-clinical development milestones and how investors view them
- Strategies for finding and engaging investors
- How investors approach valuation and deal structure
- How to become “investor-ready” and improve your business while you’re at it
INTERACTIVE VIRTUAL EVENT:
- Rapid-fire presentations with experienced panel Q&A spanning the entire event
INTRODUCE YOUR COMPANY:
- Create a one-page company overview (optional)
- Share your story with investors and participants
Aug 26th & Sep 2nd
1:00pm – 4:30pm
(Thursday) 1:00 pm - 1:40 pm