Meet the Co-chairs More Speakers TBA Soon
As the premier event for technology entrepreneurs in the Southeast, the CED Tech Conference attracts 800+ attendees including trailblazing entrepreneurs, investors, corporate leaders, and industry visionaries from across the nation to the Raleigh Convention Center in North Carolina, recently ranked the #1 Best State for Business (Forbes). Now in its 34th year, the two-day event will be held September 12-13, 2018 with a mission to showcase entrepreneurial companies and connect them with partners, investors, and other organizations to accelerate business growth. Hosted by the Council for Entrepreneurial Development, the annual CED Tech Conference features:
- Live on-stage company presentations from 25+ entrepreneurs from early to growth stage - Apply Now
- Demo Room showcasing 100+ of the Southeast's hottest tech companies - Apply Now
- 75+ investment funds attending from across the U.S. - venture capital to corporate to angels
- Game-changing thought leadership from speakers and expert panels - Meet the Co-chairs
- Multiple high-level networking opportunities including an evening reception
- NEW One-on-one meeting scheduling platform to communicate with other attendees
- For Entrepreneurs Only: exclusive Tuesday morning session including Investor Reverse Pitches - Hear direct from investors about each fund's investment criteria (back by popular demand!)
Experience two days of the most valuable programming and connections in the Southeast. Whether you are head down running your company or actively seeking funding, the CED Tech Conference is the can't-miss gathering of NC's vibrant entrepreneurial community.
Registration for the conference includes:
- Two-day pass to all main agenda content (speakers and company presentations)
- Access to in-person networking in the Demo Room
- One-on-one meeting scheduling through the mobile app (to be opened in late August)
- Drinks and appetizers at the Networking Reception (Tuesday), continental breakfast and Closing Lunch (Wednesday)
- For Entrepreneurs Only: exclusive Tuesday morning session and lunch including Investor Reverse Pitches
|Attendee Type||Early Registration 5/15-8/14||Regular Registration 8/15-9/10||On-site Registration 9/12-9/13|
|Entrepreneur - CED Member||$275||$325||$375|
|Entrepreneur - Non-member*||$475||$550||$625|
*Join and Save! CED Members get the lowest rates. Are you an entrepreneur or work for a startup? You may be able to join CED and attend the conference for less than $475. Plus, your co-workers get access to the lowest rate. Click for Entrepreneur Membership Info
Refunds can be requested prior to August 31st. Due to pre-registration costs and guarantees, refunds cannot be made after that date. If you are unable to attend, your registration can be transferred to a colleague. On the day of the event the substitute attendee must present a copy of the registration receipt or email verification to be admitted to the event.
Sign up for our newsletter for the latest news and conference announcements.
Hear from Technology Visionaries and Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders
In addition to company presentations and high-level networking opportunities, the agenda will feature top industry thought leaders as speakers and panelists throughout the two-day conference. Recent speakers have included the biggest names in venture capital. In 2017, legendary Silicon Valley VC John Doerr of Kleiner Perkins was a keynote, his first time ever speaking publicly in North Carolina. In 2015, #1 ranked investor on the Forbes' Midas List Jim Goetz of Sequoia Capital spoke at the CED Tech Conference.
Past speakers have included executives from Andreessen Horowitz, Citrix, Cree, Google, Kleiner Perkins, Revolution LLC, SAS, Sequoia Capital, and many more leading tech companies and investment firms. For a taste of past speakers, view the CED Tech Venture 2017 Agenda.
Meet the 2018 Co-chairs below. Speaker announcements coming soon. Be the first to know by signing up for our newsletter.
High Profile Sponsorship Opportunities at an Industry-Leading Event
With such a large number of influential executives and decision makers in attendance, the CED Tech Conference offers an unparalleled sponsorship opportunity. Corporate backers have the option to sponsor a variety of events, equipment and resources — from CEO breakfasts to audiovisual appliances. Your sponsorship provides an opportunity for you to access and educate key constituencies and demonstrates your commitment to advancing technology entrepreneurs in our region.
Sponsorship packages are available in a wide range of options. If your company is interested in sponsoring, please contact Robin Costello by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 919.226.0464.
Apply Now to be a Featured Company at the CED Tech Conference 2018.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, June 5
This application serves as your request for both featured opportunities:
- Demo Room - Reserved exhibit table for one-on-one networking with potential investors, partners and clients
- Main Stage - Live on-stage presentation as part of the main conference agenda plus a spot in the Demo Room
- Company Exposure. Take advantage of the most efficient, cost-effective way to get in front of 75+ investment funds at once. Selected companies will receive a profile on CED's website, in the mobile app, and be featured in communication to media and investors.
- Networking: Show and Tell. Exhibit your technology in person at a Demo Room booth for potential partners & clients to experience.
- Expert Coaching. For entrepreneurs chosen for Main Stage, CED provides the opportunity for a pitch scrub with community mentors.
- News Coverage. Maximize your exposure to local and national press in attendance.
- One-on-one Meeting Scheduling. Before the conference, registered attendees get access to conference software to request and manage private one-on-one meetings with investors and strategic partners.
- Entrepreneur Workshop and Lunch. Get access to an exclusive Tuesday pre-conference session featuring Investor Reverse Pitches (back by popular demand). Meet and learn from successful serial entrepreneurs. Share with your peers.
- Lowest Registration Rate! Selected entrepreneurs and co-workers can attend the conference for $275/person. There will be no additional fees for the Demo Room exhibit (table, electricity, etc).
Who Should Apply:
Companies developing a product or technology in one of the following areas:
AdTech, Advanced Manufacturing/Materials, AgTech, Artificial Intelligence, Automation/Machine Learning, BI/Analytics, Blockchain/Cryptocurrency, Consumer Product, Clean Tech, Cloud/Storage, Digital Health, Ecommerce, EdTech, Energy, FinTech, Gaming, Hardware, HR Tech, Infrastructure, Internet of Things (IoT), Marketing Tech, Mobile, Shared Economy, Security, Social, Virtual Reality, Wearables, or other Tech-enabled Service.
Applications are submitted through My CED (our secure community portal). The application may be edited up until the time you submit.
- If you already have a profile, enter your email address and password.
- If you are new to the community, quickly create a profile.
Once logged in, click on "Apply to Present at CED Tech 2018" (in the upper right).
All applications must be completed by midnight on Tuesday, June 5.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee in June and company selectons will be announced publicly in July.
The CED Tech Conference 2018 will be held September 12-13 at the Raleigh Convention Center.
Raleigh Convention Center
500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
The CED Tech Conference attracts a diverse group of 800+ attendees from around the nation including:
- Entrepreneurs leading high-growth companies in Artificial Intelligence, Automation/Machine Learning, BI/Analytics, Blockchain/Cryptocurrency, Clean Tech, Cloud/Storage, Digital Health, Ecommerce, EdTech, FinTech, Gaming, Hardware, HR Tech, Internet of Things (IoT), Marketing Tech, Mobile, Shared Economy, Security, Virtual Reality, Wearables, or other tech-enabled services
- Investors including venture capital, growth, strategic, corporate, angel, and individual investors
- Nationally-recognized industry leaders
- Corporate visionaries
- Strategic partners and professional firms
- Ecosystem partners and support organizations
- Tech enthusiasts
Save up to $75 off by registering before August 14. Plus, CED Members get the lowest rates! Are you an entrepreneur or work for a startup? You may be able to join CED and attend the conference for less than $475. And your co-workers get access to the lowest rate.
Sign up for our newsletter for the latest news and conference announcements.
Yes, sponsorship packages are available in a wide range of options. A sponsorship can provide your company with high-profile visibility to a large number of influential executives and decision-makers in attendance. To inquire about pricing, please contact Robin Costello via email at email@example.com or by phone at 919.226.0464.
Discounted room blocks will be available closer to the conference. The Marriott City Center Raleigh and Sheraton Raleigh Hotel are both convenient to the Raleigh Convention Center.
Raleigh/Durham International Airport (RDU) is the nearest airport to the Raleigh Convention Center.
No, any unauthorized recording of the CED Tech Conference sessions or events is strictly prohibited.
Yes, pictures will be taken during the conference. By registering for the conference, you acknowledge that there is a possibility your picture may be taken.