CED Tech Venture Conference 2017 - Emerging Technologies, Demo Room
Year Founded: 2017
StrongKey is making the internet safer for small and medium businesses (SMBs). We have taken enterprise-scale cybersecurity technology, battle-tested by multiple central banks and some of the largest companies around the globe, and are packaging and pricing it for less than what an average SMB spends on their photocopier. Based on our decades of experience, we have created a physical box with security hardware as the foundation of the product, enabling unprecedented data protection for this market. At launch, we are providing cloud storage, secure file access, and user authentication, while removing the burden of passwords. This foundation becomes the basis for a more exciting future – since the product contains hardware-based cryptography at its core, it enables a platform upon which a new class of secure applications can be developed: eliminating passwords and phishing attacks, encrypting sensitive data, enabling digital signatures, and more.
Jake Kiser, CEO
Arshad Noor, CTO
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Core cryptographic software developed, enabling data encryption with local control of decryption keys, digital signatures for protecting the integrity of data, prevention of phishing attacks, elimination of burdensome passwords, and protection from ransomware.
- Initial web application developed, enabling secure file access and sharing.
- Packaging into a physical appliance with beta testing beginning in August 2017.
- Anticipated public launch in the beginning of 2018.
- Funding: We are currently financed through a friends and family seed round of $250,000, and are in the process of raising a larger round of funding.
American Underground; Duke Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (I&E)
Learn more about the CED Tech Venture Conference.