CED Tech Venture Conference 2017 - Showcase
Year Founded: 2016
Sense Photonics is developing a disruptive LiDAR solution for autonomous vehicles (AVs), drones, industrial automation, mobile devices and other applications. LiDAR, which stands for "Light Detection and Ranging", is an essential sensor for AVs that uses lasers to create highly accurate 3D maps of the vehicle’s surroundings day or night in most weather conditions. According to Goldman Sachs, LiDAR is one of the largest market opportunities that will emerge from the autonomous revolution – growing into an almost $100 billion market over the next twenty years.
Scott Burroughs, CEO
Russ Kanjorski, CCO
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Term sheet in place for Seed Round; expect to close in August 2017
- Initial team in place (5 full time).
- Strong IP position for core technology (>200 patents)
- Core technology developed over past 10 years and successfully commercialized at high volumes with >99.9% manufacturing yields
- Strong customer traction with automotive OEMs as well as Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers
- Team Accolades (at prior start-ups):
- Multiple successful exits
- $3 million U.S. DoE award
- $2.9 million ARPA-E award
- "50 Disruptive Companies" in 2013 by MIT Technology Review
- "Top 10 Breakthrough Technologies" in 2012 by MIT Technology Review
- The Wall Street Journal's Technology Innovation Award.
- Funding: Expect to close Seed Round in August 2017.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Learn more about the CED Tech Venture Conference.