CED Life Science Conference 2017 - Innovation Room
Sub-sector: Biotech and Pharmaceutical
Year Founded: 2015
RiboWiz offers customized SaaS and web-based subscription licensing to accurately predict and maximize recombinant protein production for life sciences companies engaged in therapeutics, drug discovery, crop protection, industrial enzymes, diagnostics, and bio-manufacturing. RiboWiz’s patent-pending and proprietary software platform, RiboScan™, minimizes trial-and-error and parallel laboratory testing which generates cost savings of $50K -$500K+ per R&D project and shortens those project’s turnaround time from 2-10+ years to 1-6 months. RiboScan™ simulates and modulates novel protein synthesis mechanisms to successfully produce difficult-to-make recombinant proteins more efficiently and quickly. This disruptive service enables clients to bring more innovative products to market faster, giving them a competitive edge.
RiboWiz is accepting customized service orders through scientist.com marketplace or email us at email@example.com. Find RiboWiz on scientist.com at https://app.scientist.com/providers/ribowiz-scientific.
Dr. Scott Vu, CEO, CSO, and Co-founder
Dr. William Glauser, Co-founder
Joseph Thomas, Co-Founder
Laura White, Operations
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Finalizing service contracts with multiple global ag-biotech and pharma companies
- Launching closed alpha-release of cloud-based subscription service in Q4 of 2017
- Accepting customized service orders via scientist.com marketplace
- PCT patent application filed – patent covers protein optimization in all organisms
- Exclusively licensed RiboScan™ patent and copyright from NC State University
- Placed 2nd in Lulu eGames Daugherty Endowment Track
- Selected for Innovation Room at 2016 CED Life Science Conference
- Funding: Bootstrapping and $7,500 from startup competition
CED, HQ Raleigh, NC Biotechnology Center, NC State Office of Technology Transfer, NCBIO, SBTDC, NC State University E-Clinic
Learn more about the CED Life Science Conference.