CED Life Science Conference 2017 - Showcase & Innovation Room
Sub-sector: Drug Delivery
Year Founded: 2013
Panaceutics, Inc. has developed a patent pending, on-demand manufacturing system to deliver personalized therapies, ranging from wellness formulas to combinatorial drug therapies. Each individualized order is created using its cloud based formulation tools, then transmitted to the automation system, which produces customized 14 to 30 day supply of ready to consume pouches in a few minutes. Multiple active compounds in a gel suspension are delivered in each serving pouches, ready to consume. The proprietary stable suspension of variably dosed active ingredients is blended with nutritious food bases, and then gently pasteurized to make an easy to swallow, good tasting, and convenient form— a true alternative to taking multiple pills. This disruptive automation enables truly personalized, pill-free delivery that simplifies and encourages adherence. Panaceutics has to date used its platform technology to produce personalized wellness therapies.
Edison Hudson, Founder and CEO
Staton Noel, Founder and CSO
Andy Schwab, COO
Ray Szafranski, CFO
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Funding: To date has totaled $5.8MM in equity, debt, and grants. Additional $625k in convertible notes agreed and available
- Pilot production line in production making web ordered personalized subscription product
- Multi-month white label trial with a national brand for a personalized product
- License agreement and investment closed with Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing (AUS/NZ) for the personalization automation system for use initially in its nutrition and medical foods markets
- Awards: NC Idea Award, NC Biotech SRL (2 awards), Nutrition Capital Network Finalist, Herbal Life Innovation Finalist
First Flight Venture Center, NC Biotechnology Center, NC IDEA, UNC Chapel Hill Pharmacy School
Learn more about the CED Life Science Conference.