CED Life Science Conference 2017 - Innovation Room
Sub-sector: Biotech and Pharmaceutical
Year Founded: 2000
BioTools, Inc. is a recognized worldwide innovator that pioneered and commercialized two of the most advanced techniques for critical structure characterization of molecules. They specialize in two types of pharmaceuticals – chiral and biologics - both kinds comprising blockbuster examples which include drugs such as Plavix, Lipitor and Humira. For the Pharmaceutical Industry, BioTools technology dramatically reduces research time, production costs and potential adverse effects, while increasing the reliability of applicable drugs. For Hospitals, BioTools technology will reduce the time required to identify bacterial infections from days to minutes. BioTools technology can be used in a multitude of ways including public safety for the detection of illegal or harmful drugs and to detect explosives just to name a few.
Rina K. Dukor, Ph.D., President & CEO
Prof. Laurence A. Nafie, CTO
Frank Trundle – Director of European Operations
Vincent Arnette, CFO
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Four Core Patents plus applicable International Patents.
- Six distinct instrumentation products.
- Sustained year-over-year revenue.
- Published in two chapters by US Pharmacopeia.
- Over 140 patents published for new drug applications citing BioTools technology.
- Pharma papers citing the technology as the most sensitive for several applications.
- Winner of the prestigious R&D100 Award.
- Awarded Two Phase II SBIR grants.
- BioTools technology was used as the basis for several published books and over 400 peer-reviewed scientific papers.
Learn more about the CED Life Science Conference.