CED Life Science Conference 2018 - Showcase (Coulter)
Sub-sector: Med Device
Year Founded: 2009
HistoSonics is a venture-backed medical device company that is developing a unique new platform technology that has the potential to fundamentally change the nature of cancer care. The company’s novel Robotically Assisted Sonic Therapy (RAST) is a completely non-invasive beam therapy that can be used to safely, precisely and effectively destroy unwanted tissue, including cancers, without using heat (burning) or ionizing radiation. This new platform technology has the potential to reduce patient trauma and time to recovery, improve quality of life, and reduce healthcare costs for all - patients, providers and payers.
The company’s primary focus is on abdominal cancers, starting with liver, with extensive preclinical evidence already established in liver, kidney, pancreas and brain. HistoSonics is also working with multiple collaborators on the significant impact that RAST and its unique properties could potentially have on the immunotherapeutic response of patients who suffer from these terrible cancers.
Mike Blue, President & CEO
Chris Gibbons, COO & Co-Founder
Jim Bertolina, PhD, CSO & Co-Founder
Josh Stopek, PhD, VP of R&D
Robin Rowe, VP of Clinical, Regulatory & Quality
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Extensive IP portfolio and exclusive worldwide license from the University of Michigan.
- Designed, built and tested RAST delivery systems, including 60601 testing.
- Executed extensive successful preclinical work across numerous medical indications.
- Multiple new technology and innovation awards.
- Added noted radiologist and tumor ablation expert, Fred Lee, Jr., MD, as Senior Medical Advisor and Board Director - 2016.
- Successful GLP preclinical liver study leading to human study in liver cancer patients to commence in 2018.
- Funding: $28M
Ann Arbor, MI
Learn more about the CED Life Science Conference.