CED Life Science Conference 2018 - Innovation Room
Year Founded: 2006
BioMedomics is a ISO certified POC diagnostics company focused on developing unique rapid POC tests for blood disorders. We have 4 products that have already received CE Mark approval: Our leading product, Sickle SCAN, for the detection of Sickle Cell Disease and Sickle Cell Trait, has been sold into more than 20 countries; other products are alpha-Thal SCAN, and Hemo SCAN. we are also launching a novel POC quantitative test for hemoglobin S (HbS) which is used in the treatment of SCD. Additionally, quantitative POC tests for TSH, testosterone, vitamin D and troponin based on our patented high sensitivity Time Resolved diagnostics platform and a rapid POC test for beta-thalassemia, are also under development.
Dr. Frank Wang, CEO
Mr. Pete Hornbach, VP of Sales and Operations
Dr. Linxian Wu, COO
Mr. Michael Gesser, CFO
Dr. Jason Kim, VP of Product Development and Technology.
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Products sold to over than 25 countries
- Partnership agreement signed with Toyota Tsusho
- Manufacture of tests has been scaled up to 250,000 per month with the addition of 2 large-scale ISO certified manufacturing facilities.
- Distribution network established in multiple regions most heavily affected by blood disorders, including Nigeria, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Ghana, etc.
- Accolades: - 2017, Breakthrough Innovation Award, Triangle Global Health Consortium - 2016, First Place Winner of the RESI Boston 2016 Innovation Challenge - 2016, NIH SBIR Phase II: Development of a quantitative Point-of-Care test for Hemoglobin S and Hemoglobin F - 2015, NIH SBIR Phase I: Development of a quantitative Point-of-Care test for Hemoglobin S and Hemoglobin F - 2011, NIH SBIR Phase II: Time-Resolved Multiplexed Sensitive Testing for Drugs of Abuse - 2010, NIH SBIR Phase I: Nanotube Based Lateral Flow Nanosensing Platform for Highly Sensitive Cancer Detection - 2010, NIH SBIR Phase I: Time-Resolved Multiplexed Sensitive Testing for Drugs of Abuse - 2010, North Carolina State SBIR Match Fund - 2009, NIH SBIR Phase I: Low-Cost, Onsite Biomarker Test Kits for Alcohol Associated Disorders - 2009, NIH SBIR Phase I: Multiplexed Assay Platforms for Protein Biomarkers of Cardiovascular Disease - 2008-2010 CDC SBIR Phase II: Multiplex Genomics Assays for Generic Targeting of Thrombotic Risk - 2008, NC IDEA Fund: Develops diagnostic platforms and disposable test strips at point of care and based on molecular diagnostics - 2008, North Carolina State SBIR Match Fund - 2007, North Carolina Biotechnology Center Business Development Loan Award
- Funding: Approximately $7.5 million
CED, Hammer Institute, NC Biotechnology Center, NC IDEA, SBTDC, Southeast Bio, One NC Small Business Program
Past CED Life Science Conference selection: 2017 - Lightning Round & Innovation Room
Learn more about the CED Life Science Conference.