CED Life Science Conference 2017 - Lightning Round & Innovation Room
Sub-sector: Animal Health
Year Founded: 2015
Applied LifeSciences & Systems (ALS-S) is a bio-systems company focused on improving animal health and productivity in the poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries.
ALS-S has developed patent-pending technologies that address compelling needs within these businesses. Our initial product is an innovative vaccine delivery system for the poultry industry that delivers accurate, safe, high-throughput individualized vaccination, which leads to a reduced dependency on antibiotics and higher immunization rates, ensuring better protection against diseases. Better protection means healthier, safer protein for a consumer market that demands the highest quality of food.
Ramin Karimpour, Founder and CEO
Gilbert Feke PhD, Director of Optical Engineering
Elizabeth Turpin PhD, Senior Director of BioProcess Science
Kamyar Kheradpir, Director of Mechanical Engineering
Devon Brady, Senior Director of Communications and Human Resources
KEY MILESTONES TO DATE
- Funding: Approximately $900k (Founder and Management Team)
- Recipient of NFS SBIR Phase I grant ($225k)
- Recipient of One NC SBIR/STTR Phase I Matching Program grant ($65K)
- Established Board of Directors and management team
- Identified and hired engineering and development teams
- Filed US and International patents, protecting technologies
- Secured support from leading global animal health and poultry producing corporations
NSF, CED, SBTDC, First Flight Venture Center
Learn more about the CED Life Science Conference.