"Innovation and vision without execution is hallucination."
"It’s a really hard thing to start a new business. It’s the hardest thing I’ve seen people do in their lives. If you’re going to start one, start a big one."
"There’s a lesson here for the entrepreneurs. You want to have a clean and crisp vision, but you want to have your blinders wide open." - John Doerr, Chair, Kleiner Perkins
Here's what you missed at the CED Tech Venture Conference 2017 held Sept 19-20 in Raleigh, NC:
- Fireside chat with legendary Silicon Valley venture capitalist John Doerr - Check out recaps from ExitEvent, Triangle Business Journal and WRAL TechWire
- A conversation between David Cohen, Founder and co-CEO, Techstars and Chris Heivly, Entrepreneur In Residence (EIR), Techstars - Read more on ExitEvent
- Successful serial entrepreneurs sharing their stories live including "The 5 Things I Learned While Building a $2B Business" with Michael Chasen, CEO, PrecisionHawk - Watch the Video, More on WRAL TechWire
- A panel of out-of-market venture capitalists from Accel Partners, Sierra Ventures, and Samsung NEXT - Meet Mark Fernandes on ExitEvent
- 22 Investor Reverse Pitches - Investors giving live presentations about each fund's investment criteria. - Covered by WRAL TechWire
- 45 Main-stage Entrepreneur Presentations - 21 Lightning Round, 13 Showcase, 6 Growth-stage CEOs, 5 Emerging Technology Companies - Meet Jobalo on NC Business Newswire
- 100+ Companies featured in the Demo Room - View Press Release & WRAL TechWire Profiles
- Entrepreneur Workshop with Scot Wingo + VC & Private Equity Workshop with Jason Caplain
- Opening remarks from Governor Roy Cooper (see ExitEvent and WRAL TechWire) and NC Crowdfunding Update by N.C. Secretary of State Elaine F. Marshall (see Triangle Business Journal and WRAL TechWire)
Links to More Coverage on WRAL TechWire:
- "What a top venture capitalist looks for in an entrepreneur"
- "John Doerr blasts gender inequality, climate change deniers, NC General Assembly"
Can't wait for next year? Be the first to get Conference Updates. Sign Up for our Newsletter Here