Thanks for joining us at CED Tech Venture 2017. Check out this Conference Recap including photos, media coverage, company profiles, and more. Videos coming soon!
Want to be the first to know about CED TVC 2018? Sign up for our newsletter for the latest news and conference announcements.
And don't miss the CED Life Science Conference, February 27-28, 2018.
Entrepreneur Robbie Allen & Investor Jason Caplain Explain Why You Should Attend
As the premier event for technology entrepreneurs in the Southeast, CED Tech Venture Conference attracts 800+ attendees including trailblazing entrepreneurs, investors, corporate leaders, and industry visionaries from across the nation to Raleigh, NC, recently ranked the #4 next top tech city and #2 best city for young entrepreneurs. Now in its 33rd year, #CEDTVC is the one of nation’s longest-running entrepreneurial events featuring:
- Live on-stage company presentations from 20+ entrepreneurs
- Demo Room showcasing 100+ of the Southeast's hottest tech companies - View Companies by Sub-sector or Full Profiles
- Multiple high-level networking opportunities including an evening reception
- 75+ investment funds in attendance from across the U.S.
NEW in 2017: Investor Reverse Pitches - Hear direct from investors about each fund's investment criteria:
Ballast Point Ventures ∙ Bull City Venture Partners ∙ Cofounders Capital ∙ Eastside Partners ∙ Fulcrum Equity Partners ∙ Greycroft ∙ Grotech Ventures ∙ Harbert Growth Partners ∙ Idea Fund Partners ∙ Intel Capital ∙ Noro-Moseley Partners ∙ OCA Ventures ∙ Osage Venture Partners ∙ Pilot Mountain Ventures ∙ Revolution ∙ River Cities Capital Funds ∙ SJF Ventures ∙ Spring Lake Equity Partners ∙ Stanley Ventures ∙ Stonehenge Growth Equity Partners ∙ Vocap Investment Partners ∙ Warburg Pincus
- Game-changing thought leadership from keynote speakers and expert panels
- Exclusive entrepreneur-only opening workshop and
NEW in 2017: Invite-only venture capital & private equity workshop for investors
From early startups to growth stage companies to highly successful businesses, the CED Tech Venture Conference reflects North Carolina’s vibrant entrepreneurial community and showcases many of the most promising emerging companies in the region. Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with a diverse group of over 100 investors from across the U.S., venture capital to corporate to angels. In addition to North Carolina's most active firms, past investors have included partners from prominent out-of-state funds such as Sequoia Capital, Greycroft, Grotech Ventures, and Comcast Ventures.
Experience two days of the most valuable programming and connections in the Southeast. Engage with industry leaders, radical thinkers and trailblazing entrepreneurs, and learn about the disruptive innovations that are transforming the ways in which we live, work and play.
Stay informed about the CED Tech Venture Conference 2018. If you’d like to receive updates regarding speakers, workshops, agenda, and more, sign up for our newsletter.
Hear from Technology Visionaries and Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders
In addition to company presentations and high-level networking opportunities, the agenda will feature top industry thought leaders as speakers and panelists throughout the two-day conference. This year's lineup includes:
- successful serial entrepreneurs sharing what it's like to build billion dollar companies
- active venture capital and corporate investors from across the U.S. discussing funding trends and best practices for entrepreneurs
- influential entrepreneurial support leaders and mentors chatting about the future of entrepreneurship
View the 2017 Speaker Lineup below. Speakers for 2018 will be announced starting a few months before the conference.
High Profile Sponsorship Opportunities at an Industry-Leading Event
With such a large number of influential executives and decision makers in attendance, the CED Tech Venture Conference offers an unparalleled sponsorship opportunity. Corporate backers have the option to sponsor a variety of events, equipment and resources — from CEO breakfasts to audiovisual appliances. Your sponsorship provides an opportunity for you to access and educate key constituencies and demonstrates your commitment to advancing technology entrepreneurs in our region.
Sponsorship packages are available in a wide range of options. If your company is interested in sponsoring, please contact Robin Costello by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 919.549.7500.
The 2017 sponsors are listed below:
Applications for the CED Tech Venture Conference 2018 will open several months before the conference.
Selected 2017 companies featured at the conference were chosen for four different opportunities:
- Showcase - 13 companies were chosen to be showcased on the main stage. Entrepreneurs will share their story and present live.
- Emerging Technologies – 5 companies were identified as particularly disruptive technology and will provide a main-stage demonstration.
- Lightning Round – 21 companies were chosen for a pitch on the main stage, limited to a few minutes each.
- Demo Room – An additional 56 companies will be exhibited in the Demo Room for one-on-one networking and in-person display.
2017 Company List By Sub-sector
Sub-sectors: AdTech, Advanced Manufacturing & Materials, Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Clean Tech, Cloud Storage, Consumer Products, Digital Health, E-commerce, EdTech, FinTech, Gaming, HR Tech, Internet of Things, Security, Virtual Reality and More
Click the Company Name Below to View Full Profile
or Download Full 2017 Company Profiles Here
*Showcase **Emerging Technology ***Lightning Round
Demo Room Companies
The CED Tech Venture Conference 2018 will be held September 12-13 at the Raleigh Convention Center.
Raleigh Convention Center
500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
The CED Tech Venture Conference attracts a diverse group of 800+ attendees from around the nation including:
- Entrepreneurs leading high-growth companies in mobile, ecommerce, digital health, advanced materials, new media/entertainment, IoT, data/analytics, and other tech-enabled services
- Investors including Growth, VC, Corporate, Angel, and individual investors
- Corporate visionaries
- Nationally-recognized industry leaders
- Tech enthusiasts
Stay tuned! Sign up for our newsletter for the latest news and conference announcements.
And don't miss the CED Life Science Conference, February 27-28, 2018.
Yes, sponsorship packages are available in a wide range of options. A sponsorship can provide your company with high-profile visibility to a large number of influential executives and decision-makers in attendance. To inquire about pricing, please contact Robin Costello via email at email@example.com or by phone at 919.226.0464.
Discounted room blocks will be available closer to the conference. The Marriott City Center Raleigh and Sheraton Raleigh Hotel are both convenient to the Raleigh Convention Center.
Raleigh/Durham International Airport (RDU) is the nearest airport to the Raleigh Convention Center.
No, any unauthorized recording of the CED Tech Venture Conference sessions or events is strictly prohibited.
Yes, pictures will be taken during the conference. By registering for the conference, you acknowledge that there is a possibility your picture may be taken.