Just Announced: Meet the Conference Co-chairs
"I have found the CED Life Science Conference to be the leading regional conference for life science business networking,” said Matt Kane, CEO, Precision BioSciences. “I can depend on making valuable new connections and industry insight.”
The Council for Entrepreneurial Development is hosting the 27th annual CED Life Science Conference on February 27-28, 2018 in Raleigh, NC. As the premier life science event in the Southeast, the conference attracts nearly 1,000 attendees including trailblazing entrepreneurs, investors, corporate leaders, and industry visionaries from across the nation. This highly-anticipated gathering of the life science community boasts a first-class agenda featuring game-changing thought leadership from keynote speakers and expert panels, showcases the most exciting and innovative NC-based life science companies, and connects these companies to a diverse group of venture capital and corporate investors through high-value networking opportunities including one-on-one partnering software.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Save $75 with Early Registration by Midnight on FEB 1
through Feb 1
Feb 2-Feb 22
Feb 27-Feb 28
|Entrepreneur - CED Member
|Entrepreneur - Non-member*
|University/Tech Transfer Professional
*Join and Save! CED Members get the lowest rates. Are you an entrepreneur or work for a startup? You may be able to join CED and attend the conference for less than $475. Plus, your co-workers get access to the lowest rate. Click for Entrepreneur Membership Info
**Partnering can be added for an additional $300. Investors, Sponsors, and University/Tech Transfer Professionals can access complimentary partnering with a discount code. If you fall into one of these categories but do not yet have a code, please contact Grace email@example.com before registering.
- All registrations must be accompanied by payment to be officially processed.
- Registrations may not be substituted online.
- Cancellations received before February 22 are refundable.
- Cancellations received February 23 and after are non-refundable.
If you are experiencing technical issues with registration, please email Grace firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Get Exposure to Game-changing Thought Leadership From Industry Visionaries
The biggest names in life science are featured in the CED Life Science Conference speaker lineup. Global thought leaders will give diverse perspectives on transformative trends in the industry, the convergence of life sciences and technology, funding for emerging companies, and how life science entrepreneurs are scaling for success, while also sharing their findings and insightful predictions about the future.
Coming Soon! Speakers for 2018 will be announced later this year. Speakers from last year's conference included former FDA commissioner Robert Califf, professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University Health System Dr. Murali Doraiswamy, president & CEO of BIO James Greenwood, and more. Our celebrated lineup of past CED Life Science speakers also includes Herbert W. Boyer, Ph.D. (Founder, Genentech), Clayton Christensen (Professor, Harvard Business School; Author of Innovator’s Dilemma), Deborah Dunsire, M.D. (President & CEO, XTuit Pharmaceuticals, Inc.), Dennis Gillings, Ph.D., CBE (Founder & Former Executive Chairman, Quintiles), Alex Gorsky, (Chairman & CEO, Johnson & Johnson), Bob Hugin (Executive Chairman, Celgene Corporation), John C. Lechleiter, Ph.D. (Former Chairman & CEO, Eli Lilly & Co.), and Jeremy M. Levin (Former President & CEO, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.).
Highly Visible, Tailored Sponsorship Opportunities at the CED Life Science Conference
Attracting hundreds of executive level managers and directors, as well as investors and successful entrepreneurs, the CED Life Science Conference provides an ideal target audience for companies looking to gain visibility within this community. With varying levels of sponsorship and a number of events to sponsor, corporate backers have numerous options to gain the exposure they desire. If your company would like to sponsor the CED Life Science Conference 2018, please contact Robin Costello or call 919.549.7500.
2018 Headline Sponsor
Entrepreneurs: Apply for Your Company to be Showcased
Deadline = Friday, December 1
This application serves as your request for both featured opportunities:
- Innovation Room: Reserved exhibit table for one-on-one networking with potential investors, partners and clients
- Main Stage Showcase/Lightning Round: Live on-stage presentation as part of the main conference agenda + Innovation Room exhibit
- Investor Exposure. Take advantage of the most efficient, cost-effective way to get in front of 50+ investors from across the country.
- Networking: Show and Tell. Exhibit your company in person for potential partners & clients to experience.
- FREE Partnering: One-on-one Appointment Scheduling. Before the conference, registered entrepreneurs get access to Partnering software to request and manage private one-on-one meetings with investors and strategic partners (a $300 value).
- Special Promotion. Get featured on the conference website, in the mobile app, in pre-conference email blasts, and other event materials.
- News Coverage. Maximize your exposure to local and national press in attendance.
- Lowest Registration Rate! Selected entrepreneurs and co-workers can attend the conference for $275/person.
Who Should Apply:
Companies developing a product or technology in one of the following areas: AgBio or AgTech, Animal Health, Biotech and Pharmaceutical, Diagnostic, Drug Delivery, Healthcare IT/Digital Health, or Medical Device.
Applications are submitted through My CED (our secure community portal). The application may be edited up until the time you submit.
- If you already have a profile, enter your email address and password
- If you are new to the community, quickly create a profile
Once logged in, click on "Apply to Present at Life Science 2018" (in the upper right).
- All applications must be completed by 5pm on Friday, December 1.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee in December and company selectons will be announced publicly in January.
The CED Life Science Conference 2018 will be held February 27-28 at the Raleigh Convention Center:
Raleigh Convention Center
500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
General Information: (919) 996-8500
The CED Life Science Conference attracts a diverse group of 1,000 life science industry leaders and professionals from around the nation, including:
- Entrepreneurs leading Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Med Device, Diagnostic, Drug Delivery, Healthcare IT, AgTech, and Animal Health companies
- Investors including Growth, VC, Corporate, Strategic, Angel, and Individual Investors
- Corporate Leaders
- University Innovators
- Nationally-recognized industry leaders and professionals
Yes, sponsorship packages are available. To inquire about pricing, please contact Robin Costello via email at email@example.com or by phone at 919.226.0464.
Save $75 with Early Registration by Midnight on FEB 1. Click Here for Rates
CED Members get the best rates. Are you an entrepreneur or work for a startup? You may be able to join CED and attend the conference for less than $475. And your co-workers get access to the lowest rate. Click for Entrepreneur Membership Info
At the CED Life Science Conference, Partnering software provides the opportunity to request and manage private one-on-one meetings with investors, emerging life science companies, and strategic partners through a sophisticated partnering platform. Partnering is included in Entrepreneur registration. Investors, Sponsors, and University/Tech Transfer Professionals can also access complimentary partnering with a discount code.
Stay tuned! Discounted hotel room blocks will be available later this year. The Marriott City Center Raleigh and Sheraton Raleigh Hotel are both convenient to the Raleigh Convention Center.
Marriott City Center - Discounted room block info coming in late 2017.
500 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27601
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel - Discounted room block info coming in late 2017.
421 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27601
Raleigh/Durham International Airport (RDU) is the nearest airport to the Raleigh Convention Center.
No, any unauthorized recording of the CED Life Science Conference sessions or events is strictly prohibited.
Yes, pictures will be taken during the conference. By registering for the conference, you acknowledge that there is a possibility your picture may be taken.
Merck, Lilly, J.P. Morgan, Amgen, Google, GE Ventures…all in one place. At the CED Life Science Conference, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with investors and leading and emerging life science companies through Partnering. Facilitated in partnership with the North Carolina Biotechnology Center, the CED Life Science Conference Partnering Platform allows you to schedule private one-on-one meetings around key program sessions of interest to maximize your conference experience.