CED has been following HB2 closely and has received feedback from our members about how the legislation may or may not affect their businesses. As a non-profit, 501(c)3, CED is prevented from advocating for or against public policy. CED does, however, view with concern any issue that may prevent North Carolina entrepreneurs from growing a successful company in the state. We will be monitoring the situation as it develops, provide information to our membership, and continue to work tirelessly to create opportunities for entrepreneurial companies in North Carolina to thrive and succeed.
We are sharing the information below as resources to help keep you informed:
- North Carolina House Bill 2
- Q&A from the Governor's Office
- Filing of ACLU Lawsuit
- Startups Against HB2
- NC Startups Against HB2 Petition
- #KeepNCSafe Website & Petition
- ExitEvent Survey
- Interview with Governor Pat McCrory on NBC's "Meet the Press"
- Smith Anderson Legal Analysis
- Letter from U.S. Department of Justice to Governor Pat McCrory
- Lawsuit Filed by Governor Pat McCrory against the U.S. Department of Justice