Over 800 attendees gathered for the CED Tech Venture Conference 2016 held September 13-14 in Raleigh, NC. Over 100 of the top emerging tech companies in the region were featured in the Demo Room and on stage for exposure to investors, corporate partners, potential clients, and fellow entrepreneurs. The two-day conference offered thought leadership from industry visionaries, including "Lessons from 'Silicon Valley''" with Dan Lyons (writer & co-producer of HBO's hit show "Silicon Valley) and "How Social Psychology Fuels Entrepreneurship" with Dan Ariely (founder of the Center for Advanced Hindsight at Duke University), plus free workshops on scaling, crowdfunding, and marketing.
The CED Tech Venture Conference 2016 by the numbers:
- 800 attendees between the conference and opening workshops
- 120 investors including angels from across NC and the U.S. traveling from as far as California and Massachusetts representing 65 investment firms
- 92 emerging tech companies featured in the Demo Room
- 26 entrepreneurs presented live on stage as Showcase/Lightning Round companies
Links to Conference Coverage:
- ExitEvent - "DeSimone's Silicon Valley 3D Manufacturing Startup Carbon Plans NC Expansion, But Not if HB2 Persists"
- WRAL TechWire - "CED Tech Venture profiles - The biggest WTW publishing effort to date"
- ExitEvent - "Freada Kapor Klein: Genius Is Equally Distributed by Zip Code, Opportunity is Not"
- WRAL TechWire (Paywall) - "Sex, VCs, dogs and deals: Real-life startup lessons from HBO's 'Silicon Valley'"
- Startup Southerner - "Diversity and Inclusion in Spotlight at CED Tech Venture"
- Triangle Business Journal - "IBM is looking for a few good startups — are you one of them?"
- LinkedIn Video Interviews by Caroline Fairchild - "What's the biggest misconception about startups founded outside of Silicon Valley?"
Be the first to get Conference Updates. Sign Up for our Newsletter Here.